Saturday, May 06, 2006

Getting Back To The Garden

I finally did make it to church this morning, after months of good intention and not getting there. I wasn't able to go to confession, as the priest was running late, but I did pick up a copy of The Catholic Worker. I am extremely impressed with this organization and suprised I have never heard of them.

"The aim of the Catholic Worker movement is to live in accordance with the justice and charity of Jesus Christ. Our sources are the Hebrew and Greek scriptures, as handed down in the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, with our inspiration coming from the lives of the saints, "men and women outstanding in holiness, living witnesses to Your unchanging love."

These folks loudly promote a society in which we all live in accordance to the common good, as taught by Christ Himself, while remaining obedient to the Church and dedicated to charity for all. This is in regard to social justice, politics, economics, labor and morals. Are they radicals? I think in the sense that Christianity is radical: a radical conversion from worldly values and ideals in favor of those of Jesus Christ.

"When all the prisoners of the land are crushed under foot,
when human rights are perverted in the presence of the Most High,
when one's case is subverted- Does our God not see it?
My eyes flow with rivers of tears because of the destruction of my people.
My eyes will flow without ceasing, without respite, until God from heaven looks down and sees." Lamentations 3:34-36, 48-50

1 Comments:

Blogger shane knows said...

teledesic are doing the same thing to me my name is shane mitka and i am agreeing you in your prayers.it is hard to get help to stop teledesic torturing the community.i think that you maybe one of the poeple being tortured by them.your story, is my life with teledesic using there satellites to rape and drive me mad.but i know that god will win this battle for us in jesus christ name amen

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home